Sunday, August 25, 2024

Cross the Spotted Dove With Fan Tail pigeon

I have ever raise Spotted Dove (Spilopoa Chinese) in my  house. Most of them released from my bird cage . This bird is the family of rock dove too. It is a common practice to cross the bird with common pigeon or rock dove. The result is spotted dove that is more tame than the spotted dove. The hybrid is also bugger than the spotted but the sound is louder than thespitted dove.


The spotted dove also cross to Eurasian Ring Neck Pigeon that also result the better bird. Either The spotted and Ring Neck are nervous. They may hit the cage when you approach them. 


I wonder to cross the Spotted with Indian Fan Tail Pigeon or American Pigeon Tail that result amazing Fan Tail Spotted dove. I have not found the spotted Dove Fan Tail. It must be rare breed and it must be expensive. 


I am very doubt to produce it because the fan tail is a recessive gen. I have heard that cross common pigeon to the fantail result the hybrid that is similiar to common pigeon. It must be difficult to get the fan tail from the pigeon. 

Perhaps cross the hybrid with the fab tail pigeon may produce the fan tail too. I do not know . Perhaps one day I should try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment