Saturday, August 24, 2024

Cross local chicken to US Standard Chicken

My country is is not a  developed country as United States or other country which has chicken standard. In other words, our country is under deliver country. I amazed that United States has dozen standard Chicken. I believe my country Indonesia where the home of the parents of All Chicken Red Jungle fowl has so many breed chicken. Unfortunately, we have no standard for the chicken. Indonesia has Most expensive Chicken Cemani and the big beautiful song crower Pelung. 


With limited scientist , we develop some breed of chicken but we do not have standard of the chicken so the outside use our chicken and claim as a new breed. Unfortunately, for the Indonesian people who do not make some standard for its Chicken. 


Some chicken owner also , cross the chicken . I also have the Sebrught bantam that is crossed to local native bantam. I suspect the chicken is sterile. The roster cannot produce any chick. I heard from the genetics expert that some Cross breed cannot produce the kid. That is why you should be careful when cross the chicken to make a new breed. 


I also join the hybrid chicken group in Facebook. The group is a market pace for crossbreed chicken. I saw there some unique chicken and it is a new opportunity of a business. The price is higher than the common or standard breed of chicken.


Last days, I saw two big rosters that I suspected it crossbreed. I estimate those two buff chicken is descent of Rhode Island. In my country there some chicken breed that is similiar to Rhodes Island Breed such as Ayam Merawang from Bangka and Ayam Nununkan from Kalimantan . 




No comments:

Post a Comment