Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The chicken breeds that right for you

I love care chicken in my house. I had small front yard, which is 6x 1.5 meter in wide. The front yard is not enough for raising some chicken. It is no enough even for bantam. The manure often disturbed me and my neighbors. Sometimes the chicken throws the feed that was also stinky. I was lazy to raise my chicken so my mom mad to me. I thought I was not deserved to raise the chicken in my front yard. I wondered to own large house so I could raise so many chickens in my house.
Before raise chicken in your house, you have to consider the space that you have. Also consider your neighbor. In my country, the space between neighbors is so close. The houses are built close enough. The chicken flock will disturb the neighbors too moreover you are lazy to clean the flock. You need the settlement that is not close to neighbors. The 10 x 10 meters back yard or front yard is enough to raise a flock of chicken that consist ten roster and ten hens.
You should consider the climate of your country. Some chicken cannot withstand to cold especially whose has thin plumage and wide comb. The frostbite can frost the wide comb and finally cause the chicken die. Unless you have a good pen with the heater, you are better to choose the chicken bird that withstand to cold such as Rhode Island Red, Plymouth Rock, New Hampshire and others.
Third, you can also consider the aim to raise the chicken. Some people want to raise the chicken for its egg or some other want to its meat. Raise the best layer chicken that can lay 300 eggs in a year such as White leghorn. You can also consider raising the dual purpose breed such as Rhode Island Red, Plymouth Rock and New Hampshire, which is lays so much eggs and produce nice meat too.
Some people raise the chicken for pet only. You can choose the chicken breed that is very tame and easy to hand. Most bantam is tame and easy to hand such as Japanese Bantam, Serama Bantam, and others. The Sebright is tame too but it often flies from your flock. Find the good forager for your garden that can control your grass and weed and also the bug such as cricket and grasshoppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment